Based in Capalaba, we service the whole Wynnum, Manly, Wynnum West and Lota corridor.
Wynnum's name is believed to be a corruption of winnam, the Aboriginal word for the pandanus palm, and the seaside district was originally known as Oyster Point before being developed as a popular bayside holiday destination.
View Area →Wynnum West was gazetted as a separate suburb in 1975, and includes the former locality of Lindum. The railway line to Wynnum loops north through Lindum, leaving Wynnum West itself without direct rail access.
View Area →Manly takes its name from the 1882 sale of the Manly Beach Estate, itself named after the harbourside suburb of Manly in Sydney, and today its marina is home to several long-established boat clubs.
View Area →Manly West was originally farmland behind the more developed coastal district of Manly, and was officially gazetted as its own suburb in 1975 as residential subdivisions spread inland.
View Area →Lota takes its name from Lota House, built in 1863 by Irish-born politician William Duckett White, who named the property after his wife's childhood home in County Cork, Ireland.
View Area →Lytton was named in honour of Sir Edward Bulwer Lytton, Secretary of State for the Colonies in 1858-59, and Fort Lytton, built in 1881, still stands guarding the entrance to the Brisbane River.
View Area →Hemmant takes its name from local parliamentarian William Hemmant, honoured in 1876 after previously being known as Doughboy Creek, and the district was long associated with sugar milling.
View Area →Tingalpa most likely takes its name from Tingalpa Creek, surveyed and named Tingulpa in 1841, probably derived from an Aboriginal expression referring to a fat kangaroo.
View Area →Cannon Hill most likely takes its name from Cannon Hill House, built in 1867 by the Weedon family on Wynnum Road, opposite the site of the present primary school.
View Area →Murarrie was formerly known as Mooraree, taking its name from Mooraree House, built around 1861 by architect and sugar plantation owner Christopher Porter.
View Area →Belmont takes its name from an estate established in 1876 by August Charles Frederick Bernecker, set in fertile country along Bulimba Creek.
View Area →Gumdale was originally known as Mossdale, then the Grassdale Estate from the 1880s, taking its eventual name from the native grass trees found throughout the district.
View Area →Chandler was gazetted as a suburb in 1975, named after Sir John Chandler, Lord Mayor of Brisbane from 1940 to 1952, who also founded Brisbane's first commercial radio station, 4BC, in 1930.
View Area →Ransome is an outer coastal suburb bounded to the north by Moreton Bay and to the east by Tingalpa Creek, gazetted in 1975 and among the least densely populated suburbs in the City of Brisbane.
View Area →Wakerley was named after early settler John William Wakerley, and today sits close to the Southern bayside suburbs of Redland City.
View Area →Carindale takes its name from neighbouring Carina, and today is home to Westfield Carindale, one of Brisbane's largest shopping centres.
View Area →Capalaba's name is believed to derive from the Yugarabul word for ringtail possum, and Tingalpa Creek marks the natural boundary between Capalaba and the City of Brisbane to the west.
View Area →Alexandra Hills takes its name from a proposal by developers Aspley Homes Pty Ltd, possibly inspired by Princess Alexandra, who toured Queensland during the state's 1959 centenary celebrations.
View Area →Birkdale was most likely named by William Thorne, an early resident of neighbouring Thorneside, after the town of Birkdale near Southport in Lancashire, England.
View Area →Thorneside takes its name from early settler William Thorne, who subdivided his landholding into small farm and seaside blocks in 1913.
View Area →Wellington Point is a coastal suburb served by its own station on the historic Cleveland railway line, and its early agricultural, horticultural and industrial association hall once hosted community shows for the whole district.
View Area →Ormiston is home to Ormiston House, built between 1858 and 1865 for the Hon. Louis Hope, considered the birthplace of the Australian sugar industry.
View Area →Cleveland was named in 1840 by surveyors in honour of William Vane, the Duke of Cleveland, and was proclaimed a township in 1850 after briefly being considered as a possible capital for the new colony of Queensland.
View Area →Victoria Point's local school was renamed Victoria Point Provisional School in 1880, and today the suburb is a popular departure point for the passenger ferry to Coochiemudlo Island.
View Area →Redland Bay takes its name from its distinctive red, fertile soil, and gave its name to the wider Redland City. The Aboriginal name for the area was Talwalpin, after the cottonwood tree once common along the shoreline.
View Area →Thornlands takes its name from George Thorn, an early landholder whose property was subdivided for smaller farms around 1900, after originally forming part of the wider Cleveland district.
View Area →Mount Cotton is a rural locality centred on the mountain of the same name, which rises to 233 metres, and was first settled by German farming families in the late 1860s.
View Area →Morningside is said to be named after a local estate belonging to David Longlands, with the name itself likely referring to the sight of nearby hills catching the rising sun on the eastern side of Brisbane.
View Area →Balmoral takes its name from Baile Mhoireil, Scottish Gaelic for beautiful residence, an anglicisation of the name of Queen Victoria's country residence in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
View Area →Hawthorne is thought to be named after butcher William Baynes, who purchased land here in 1875 and named the area after the Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn, where he had lived before arriving in Queensland.
View Area →